This is a call for applications for the position of the South African National Coach. The National Coach will be responsible for training the South African Schools Debating Team for all tournaments that fall within the period of March 2014 – Feb 2015. This coach appointment includes Thailand Worlds as this falls in August 2014.
As outlined by section F19 (h), the National Head Coach shall serve a term of one year, shall provide leadership to the Board and the South African debating community on issues pertaining to the activity of debating, and shall:
- seek to improve the standard of coaching materials in South Africa;
- serve as the Coach for the SASDT at any international competitions.
Please note that the National Coach must be available to attend the National Schools Debating Championships (6-12 December in Johannesburg) for selection and the AGM.
To apply, applicants are required to submit:
- A debating CV and brief motivation;
- An outline of their plans for the next 2 years (where they’ll be, what they’ll be doing, etc);
- A coaching plan outlining their ideas for trials, training sessions, etc.
Please ensure that all applications are in by 18 October. Please send all applications to email@example.com.
The NEC will then vote on the applications we receive and the appointment will be announced by Monday 21 October. Please send can this to whoever else you think will be interested. We are really hoping to receive as many high level applications as we can!
All suitable candidates are invited to apply for the position of South African Academy Coach. Those that wish to apply must submit a debating CV, a coaching plan and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 18 October.
Please forward this to anyone you think may be interested!
The position of National Academy coach includes:
- curriculum design for the National Academy
- selection of other coaches to be involved in the training at the National Academy
- selection of Academy shadow coach
- selection of a National Academy team to represent the country at an international tournament
- selection of an international tournament for the National Academy team
- attendance at an international tournament with the National Academy team
The position of National Academy coach does not include:
- the organization of travel, accommodation or any other arrangements for the learners selected for the National Academy
- the organization of transport, registration, accommodation or any other arrangements for international tournaments that the learned selected for the National Academy team may attend
- sourcing funding for the international tournament
Please note that the Academy coach must be able to attend NSDC (6-12 December, in Johannesburg) for selection and the AGM.
Please find attached the call for applications for the role of Deputy Chief Adjudicator for the National Schools Debating Championships. Please forward this on to anyone you know who may be interested. Applications close Friday 11 October.
Attached is a document which details the responsibilities of DCAs as well as the applications procedure. You can download it here: SASDB Call for DCAs.
We’re very excited for all the high quality applications we’re likely to receive!
Paida Mangondo and the SASDB executive.