This is a call for applications for the position of the South African National Coach. The National Coach will be responsible for training the South African Schools Debating Team for all tournaments that fall within the period of March 2014 – Feb 2015. This coach appointment includes Thailand Worlds as this falls in August 2014.
As outlined by section F19 (h), the National Head Coach shall serve a term of one year, shall provide leadership to the Board and the South African debating community on issues pertaining to the activity of debating, and shall:
- seek to improve the standard of coaching materials in South Africa;
- serve as the Coach for the SASDT at any international competitions.
Please note that the National Coach must be available to attend the National Schools Debating Championships (6-12 December in Johannesburg) for selection and the AGM.
To apply, applicants are required to submit:
- A debating CV and brief motivation;
- An outline of their plans for the next 2 years (where they’ll be, what they’ll be doing, etc);
- A coaching plan outlining their ideas for trials, training sessions, etc.
Please ensure that all applications are in by 18 October. Please send all applications to email@example.com.
The NEC will then vote on the applications we receive and the appointment will be announced by Monday 21 October. Please send can this to whoever else you think will be interested. We are really hoping to receive as many high level applications as we can!