The South African Schools Debating Board invites all suitable candidates to apply for a position on the panel of selectors and trainers that will select the South African Schools Academy Debating Team 2013.
SA Academy will be held in Johannesburg from 6 – 10 July 2013, with selectors arriving the afternoon of Saturday the 6th of July and departing midday of Wednesday the 10th of July. Selectors will be housed with Gauteng-based selectors/debating union members.
SA Academy selectors are unpaid and will be responsible for their own travel arrangements and travel costs.
Selectors will be responsible for the following:
- Selecting the SA Academy Team to attend AWSDC 2013
- Giving extensive constructive feedback to trialists after each debate
- Engaging in active coaching sessions with trialists (this may include giving a workshop if requested to do so)
Your application should comprise the following:
- Your name and contact details
- A brief CV indicating your past involvement in debating
- A brief written motivation
Please submit applications on or before Wednesday 19th of June 2013 to email@example.com.
The panel will be announced on 20th of June 2013. No late applications will be accepted.
The SASDB reserves the right to change any elements of this procedure should it see fit.