Our very own SA Teams took part in the Protea World Schools Debating Championship hosted by the South African Schools’ Debating Board which took place on the 27th and the 28th of March 2021.
We performed exceptionally well at the tournament with:
- Team South Africa EWH (consisting of Eugene Cloete, Joshua Hendricks and Lwandle Ntshangase) breaking 1st and winning the tournament.
- Team South Africa Losing Streaks and Breaking Hearts (consisting of Marcus Cordeiro, Faye Crawford and Joseph Zelezniak) breaking 5th and making it to the Semi-Finals.
- Team South Africa Junior A breaking 10th in the Silver division and going to winning in that division.
- Joshua Hendricks ranked as the best speaker.
- Eugene Cloete ranked as the 2nd best speaker.
- Christina Vaudran ranked as the best novice speaker
- Khanya Mhlongo ranked as the 2nd best novice speaker.
- Tiger-Anne Cupido ranked as the best 4th speaker.
Our very own SA A-Team Coach, Thamera Naicker, was crowned the Best Adjudicator at the tournament.
Congratulations to everybody! We are extremely proud of you and your achievements!