The South African Schools Debating Board invites all suitable candidates to apply for the position of assistant national coach. Two assistant coach positions have been opened.
In a continued effort to develop the strength of South Africa’s debating pool, all 12 South African trialists will attend international tournaments in 2014. Trials will be held to select the official South African Team which will represent South Africa at WSDC 2014. In addition to this team, the remaining trialists will be divided into SA “A” teams.
Given this structure, the responsibilities of the assistant coaches will include:
- Assist in training the trials squad. A training camp will be held from the 21st to 23rd March 2014.
- Act as a national selector at SA Trials between the 1st and 4th May 2014.
- Coach as well as accompany one of the SA “A” teams on an international tour in 2014.
- Assist in the training of the South African team in advance of their 2014 WSDC campaign.
Your application should comprise the following:
- Your name and contact details
- A brief CV indicating your past involvement in debating
- A brief written motivation
Please submit applications on or before the 5th of November 2013. Successful candidates will be announced on the 12th of November 2013. The SASDB reserves the right to change any elements of this procedure should it see fit.
Please email all questions and applications to:
Luke Churchyard: LChurchyard@fnb.co.za AND
The SASDB: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward this email on to anyone else who might be interested in applying.
South African Schools Debating Team