This is an open call for applications to serve as a national selector at the South African Schools National Trials. The purpose of the National Trials process is to select the South African Schools Debating Team that will attend world championships in August this year.
National Trials will be held in Johannesburg from 1 May – 4 May 2014. Selectors will need to arrive in Johannesburg on the evening 30 April 2014.
National selectors are unpaid and will be responsible for their own travel arrangements and travel costs. Selectors will be hosted by Johannesburg based selectors. Breakfast and Lunch will be provided during the trials weekend.
Selectors will be responsible for the following:
- Selecting the National Team to attend WSDC 2014
- Giving extensive constructive feedback to trialists after each debate
- Engaging in active coaching sessions with trialists (this may include giving a workshop if requested to do so)
Your application should comprise the following:
- Your name and contact details
- A brief CV indicating your past involvement in debating
- A brief written motivation
Please submit applications on or before Friday 14th of February 2014 to LChurchyard@FNB.CO.ZA .
The panel will be announced on 17th of February 2014. No late applications will be accepted.
The SASDB reserves the right to change any elements of this procedure should it see fit.