In 2017, the SASDB Executive aims to achieve the following:
- Oversee the 2017 National Schools Debating Championships, being held in the Eastern Cape.
- Organise and introduce an international tournament, with the aim of developing Academy speakers.
- Organise National Trials, for the SA Junior and SA teams.
- Send the South African Team to the World Schools Debating Championships (WSDC).
- Strengthen debating in the provinces of Limpopo, North-West, the Northern Cape and Mpumalanga.
- Continue supporting ongoing efforts to develop debating in under-resourced areas throughout South Africa.
We welcome suggestions and comments on how best to achieve these aims.
Many of these projects will require external funding in order to make them successful. Should you be interested in contributing to the work of the SASDB, please click here for more information.